Mainly Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with evenings and weekends as needed. Bachelor's degree in nursing. Master's degree preferred. Registered Nurse must be licensed in the State of Delaware. Five years minimum clinical experience. Three years minimum experience with Patient Safety or Healthcare Risk Management. Preferred certification in: CPPS (Certified Patient Safety Professional) or CPS (Certified Safety Professional) or CPHRM (Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management). Interpretation and analysis of patient safety data and concepts, experience with project management and education, sound organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, superior interpersonal relationship and communication skills (both oral and written), MS Office software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), strong critical thinking skills, ability to make professional presentations before executive level audiences and flexible hours (to include weekends and evening & night shifts). The Clinical and Operational Safety Specialist is responsible for performing proactive audits, rounds and observations of environments located in both the main hospital campus and satellites. Areas of focus include, but are not limited to the physical plant/environment of care, equipment and devices and how they impact the safety of patients (primary focus) visitors, team members and others who utilize Beebe Medical Center. The position requires a motivated person with superior interpersonal skills and leadership qualities. The Specialist must be able to generate and analyze reports and facilitate change within the organization by directing others in the facility towards process improvements that will support the reduction of factors that contribute to adverse patient outcomes. This practitioner will chair the Environment of Care Committee, collaborate the development of policy and procedures affecting organizational safety, educate other practitioners on identified safety issues and system-based causes for adverse events, and communicate literature-based ideas regarding effective safety strategies to others within the organization.
Clinical & Operational Safety Specialist (FT)
Special information for candidates
All candidates must submit their application to Human Resources. You may fax your resume to 302-645-0965.
Effective January 1, 1998, the State of Delaware requires all healthcare and child care facilities to obtain the following on all employees.
Service letters are obtained from your current and previous employers. The service letter has questions and statements such as:
- The employee was directly involved on a daily or frequent basis providing services and/or care to clients/patients/residents/children.
- The employee was not directly involved providing services and/or care to clients/patients/residents/children on a daily or frequent basis, but did occasionally provide some care and/or services.
- Reason for separation from service: Laid off, Resigned, Discharged, Abandoned position or other reason.
Information relating to employee's performance
- Child Abuse Investigations: Effective 1/1/98, the Department of Services for Children, Youth and Their Families, Office of Child Care requires that persons seeking employment in a healthcare facility shall submit to a Child Abuse Registry check. A search of the Child Abuse Registry will be conducted to determine if the person is a perpetrator in any substantiated cases of child abuse or neglect.
- Adult Abuse Registry: Effective 1/1/98, for persons seeking employment, the Delaware Health and Social Services, Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities requires that the Adult Abuse Registry provide information regarding adult abuse or neglect.
- Fingerprinting: For persons seeking employment in Home Health or Gull House — the Delaware Health and Social Services, Division of Services for Aging and Adults with Physical Disabilities requires fingerprinting on each new employee. Fingerprinting will be completed in Employment.
- Driving Record: For persons seeking employment in Plant Engineering, Security, Information Systems, Home Health, or any other department requiring driving, Beebe Medical Center will complete a driving record on each new employee