Beebe Medical Center announces Hurricane Sandy cancellations of which you should be aware. Please review the list below to determine what might impact you:
- All elective surgery and elective cardiac catheterizations scheduled for Monday, October 29, 2012 and Tuesday, October 30 will be canceled.
- All Beebe satellite locations including the Beebe Health Campus and departments that operate Monday through Friday schedules will be closed on Monday, October 29, 2012 and Tuesday, October 30 as well.
The following Outpatient Services and Facilities will not be open on Monday, October 29 or on Tuesday, October 30:
- Beebe Outpatient Surgery Center and Same Day Surgery
- Beebe Imaging
- Beebe Lab Express
- Wound Care and Diabetes Management in Long Neck
- Beebe Physician Network offices and services
- Tunnell Cancer Center
- Cardiac Rehab
- Beebe Rehab Services
- Gull House
- Beebe Home Health
Please call Beebe Medical Center’s Pre-Arrival Department at 302-645-FAST (3278) to reschedule your appointment.
The Emergency Department, Operating Rooms, and Labor and Delivery at the hospital on Savannah Road in Lewes are fully staffed and ready for traumas and other emergency situations throughout the storm.
Beebe Medical Center began preparations for Hurricane Sandy several days ago and is pleased to report that food, water and fuel supplies are on hand to cover the next several days. Patients will not be evacuated but will be sheltered in place with Beebe staff caring for patients and maintaining the hospital through 12-hour shifts.
Beebe Medical Center is not located in the coastal evacuation zone and flood maps recently updated do not show Beebe to be in a zone that is likely to flood.
Important Final Note: Please be safe and stay inside during the storm. Plan to visit patients later in the week when the storm winds and water have subsided. Calling your family member or friend who is a patient to check in and say hello is encouraged.
Real-time weather emergency information and travel information may be found at the following two websites: