Healthcare initiatives and trends will be the topic at the 20th Conference by the Bay to take place Friday, May 22, at the Atlantic Sands hotel in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.
The Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing at Beebe Medical Center is sponsoring this popular educational event for nurses. The title of this year’s event is, Nursing Update on Nursing for 2013: Healthcare Trends and Initiatives. The program topics are:
- The Nurses Role in Intervention for Persons with Disabilities
- Lucille C. Gambardella, PhD, APN-BC, CNE, ANEF
- Karen A. Panunto, EdD, MSN, APN
- Beyond Expected: Transformation to a Culture of Safety
- Paul E. Minnick, RN, MSN, NEA-BC
- Gen Silent – Documentary and Panel Discussion
- Stu Maddox, BA – Director
- Panel Members:
- Steve Calhoun, LSCW
- Tara Jean Cornish, LCSW
- Veronica Kopec, RN, MS, NE-BC
- Timothy D. Rodden, MDiv, MA, BCC, FACHE
- Obesity: How Did We Get There and What Can We Do To Fix It
- Fabricio Alarcon, MD
- “Y” and “Y” Not: The New Generation of Nurses
- Clifton Kenon Jr., DNP, MSN, RN, IBCLC
The event begins with registration and exhibitors at 7:15 a.m. The conference will begin at 7:55 a.m. The cost to register is: $110 for general registration; $85 for Beebe Medical Center employees and retirees; and $75 for full-time nursing students. Registration forms must be completed by March 11 or there will be a $20 late fee. Beebe Medical Center will award 6.75 contact hours via certificate of the completion of the program Beebe Medical Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Delaware Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Call the School of Nursing at (302) 645-3251, ext. 5469, to obtain a registration form.
Beebe Medical Center is a not-for-profit community medical center with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health with the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebemed.org