As an integral part of Cardiac Service Line, comprehensive Electrophysiology (EP) Services offer patients treatment options for irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia) and other electrical disorders of the heart such as:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Flutter
- Atrial Tachycardia
- Supraventricular Tachycardia (SVT)
- Ventricular Tachycardia
Beebe’s electrophysiology team consists of two board certified electrophysiologists (cardiologists that spend two extra year of specializing in the electrical disorders of the heart) and a specially trained nurses and technologists. Procedures are performed in the Electrophysiology Lab. ￼
Comprehensive services include
- Continuous cardiac monitoring with Zio® patch (www.irhythmtech.com)
- Tilt table testing.
- Electrophysiology studies.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of heart rhythm medications.
- Invasive treatment:
- Pacemakers, Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD) and advanced devices for treating heart failure (Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy-CRT).
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation to treat all different types of cardiac arrhythmias) with:
- Use of intracardiac echocardiography
- Use of transseptal access during complex cases.
- Use of 3-D electro-anatomical mapping system of the heart that allows the electrophysiologist to identify the source of the irregular heartbeat. ￼