Quality Care for Our Community
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' Hospital Quality Comparison
Beebe Healthcare is committed to quality for all patients. Beebe is a voluntary participant in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services' (CMS) Hospital Compare. Participating hospitals are scored on quality measures associated with clinical conditions. This information will help you compare the quality of care hospitals provide.
*Directions to access CMS quality information about Beebe:
Under the "Search Tools" section of the CMS website, click on Compare Hospitals in Your Area. Under the "How Would You Like to Search for a Hospital" section, select the option to search for a hospital by name. Type in Beebe and select Delaware as the State. Beebe will come up as an option; just click on the selection box. You must then select a condition you want to view concerning Beebe Healthcare's quality measures.
100,000 Lives Campaign: Some is Not a Number. Soon is Not a Time.
Beebe Healthcare has joined the Institute for Health Care Improvement's (IHI) 100,000 Lives Campaign. Hospitals can choose to apply some or all of the IHI's lifesaving recommendations. Beebe Medical Center is involved in the Deployment of Rapid Response Teams initiative. Learn more at www.ihi.org/IHI/Programs/Campaign.
Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations
Beebe Healthcare received The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for:
- Joint Replacement - Hip (Read more.)
- Joint Replacement - Knee (Read more.)
- Spine Surgery (Read more.)
- Stroke (Read more.)
- Heart Failure (Read more.)
The Gold Seal of Approval® is a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective patient care.
The American College of Surgeons Verification Review Committee verified our Trauma Center as a Level III, reflecting Beebe’s continual commitment to caring for those men and women who need emergency medical care due to serious accidents.
National Patient Safety Goals
Beebe Healthcare's commitment to quality is evident through our association with the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals. Learn more at www.qualitycheck.org.
Beebe Healthcare is proud to announce it has been recognized by Healthgrades as having high achievements in Cardiac, Orthopaedic Services, Pulmonary, and Critical Care. Beebe was named among the top hospitals in the nation for coronary interventions – the only hospital on Delmarva to earn this distinction.
Beebe Healthcare has achieved:
- Top 10 percent in the nation for Coronary Interventional Procedures for two years in a row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 15 years in a row (2004-2018)
- Five-Star recipient for Total Hip Replacement for two years in a row (2017-2018)
- Five-Star recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for nine years in a row (2010-2018)
- Top 5 percent in the nation for Overall Pulmonary Services in 2018
- Five-Star recipient for treatment of COPD in 2018
- Five-Star recipient for treatment of Pneumonia for 13 years in a row (2006-2018)
- Five-Star recipient for treatment of Sepsis for nine years in a row (2010-2018)
- Five-Star recipient for treatment of Respiratory Failure for two years in a row (2017-2018)
Every year, Healthgrades evaluates hospital performance at nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide for 34 of the most common inpatient procedures and conditions. The complete Healthgrades 2017 Report to the Nation and detailed study methodology, can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality.
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade
Beebe received a B in the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for 2017. Find out more about Leapfrog and the safety grade here.
Beebe Team Dedicated to Quality
Each year, Beebe recognizes physicians, nurses, and teams for their dedication to quality improvement. For information on this year's winning projects, click here.