Be WELL: Mindfulness
Tunnell Cancer Center (McCurry Conference Room), Rehoboth Health Campus
Offered as part of our Be WELL Beyond Cancer Survivorship Series, join us to learn how to develop your own mindfulness practice.
Mindfulness has been described as focusing attention on the present moment and adopting a stance marked by curiosity, openness and acceptance. In this form of meditation, participants are instructed to become aware of thoughts, feelings and sensations and to observe them in a nonjudgmental way.
Contrary to common misconceptions, it is not aimed to stop thinking altogether or to block out unpleasantness in order to be relaxed – something that would be an impossible task for most people, especially cancer survivors. Instead, it is based on the philosophy that full and nonjudgmental experience of the present moment creates positive outcomes for wellbeing, even in the midst of health challenges. This class will focus on how to develop a mindfulness practice of your own through guided exercises and examples.
- Date: May 19, 2021
- Time: 4 p.m.
- Location: Tunnell Cancer Center (McCurry Conference Room)
- Limited to 16 people in accordance with COVID guidelines
Be WELL: A Survivorship Series
If you would like to participate in any other classes in our series, please see the details of what we offer below:
- Be WELL Beyond Cancer Class https://bewellbeyondcancer.eventbrite.com
- Be WELL: Staying Well https://bewellstayingwell.eventbrite.com
- Be WELL: Aromatherapy https://bewellaromatherapy.eventbrite.com
- Be WELL Together: Discussion Group https://bewelltogetherdiscussiongroup.eventbrite.com
- Be WELL: Healthy Eating https://bewellhealthyeating.eventbrite.com
- Be WELL: Mindfulness https://bewellmindfulness.eventbrite.com
- Be WELL: Journaling https://bewelljournaling.eventbrite.com
For more information on all the services we provide, please visit: