- Find a Doctor
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cancer Services
- Center for Robotic Surgery
- Diabetes & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Patients & Visitors
- Gift Shop
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
Beebe Healthcare Recognizes May L.O.V.E. Letter Award Recipient
Submitted by Rachel on
Beebe Healthcare is proud to recognize Amanda Shenk, a Patient Activity Attendant, as the May Living Our Values Every Day (L.O.V.E.) Letter Award recipient.
In 2015, a task force of Beebe Healthcare team members met over multiple months to examine exceptional patient experiences and create a system of values, which every team member pledges to follow.
Beebe Healthcare team members have pledged to live these values every day. As a patient or visitor at Beebe, you may see these value statements posted. We invite you to help us be mindful of our values as we care for you and your family members.
Amanda was nominated by Pam Coleman, Patient Activity Attendant at the Medical Center in Lewes. Coleman recounted the story of one of her first overnight shifts with patients.
“I am grateful that Amanda was my partner as she turned out to be a wonderful tutor. Amanda's kind personality can be heard in the tone of her voice as she redirects patients. She communicates carefully, calmly and always respectfully,” Pam said.
Amanda was recognized for treating each individual with respect and dignity, building trusting relationships with compassion and kindness, listening carefully and having the courage to communicate honestly and effectively. Amanda acts with passion and love for others to make a difference. Thank you Amanda for all you do!
Jeffrey Fried, FACHE, President & CEO; Rick Schaffner, RN, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer; Dr. Jeffrey Hawtof, MD, Vice President of Medical Operations and Informatics; Steve Rhone, RN, MS, Vice President of Patient Care Services; and Jamie Dickerson, Patient Care Nurse Manager, made the presentation and congratulated Amanda.
Beebe Healthcare’s L.O.V.E. Letter Recognition Program is similar to an employee of the month program. Team members are encouraged to send L.O.V.E. notes to other team members during the course of the month. A committee then evaluates the L.O.V.E. notes and selects one to receive the monthly L.O.V.E. Letter. Winners are announced in a surprise ceremony in which the committee visits the winner in his or her department and presents the award. Employees selected for the award receive:
- Parking space in the parking garage for one month
- $100 gift card donated by Fred and Lyndie Hertrich
- 100 points toward Beebe L.O.V.E. Notes Merchandise
- 100th Anniversary History Book: Two Men With a Dream: The Story of Beebe Healthcare
- Letter of congratulations and personal visit from members of the executive team
- Their photo added to the L.O.V.E. Letter wall plaque
- Letter to team member’s director and department recognition
For more information about Beebe Healthcare’s values and how team members live our values every day, go to /our-values. For more information about Beebe’s “Celebrate Excellent Care” program and how you can support Beebe Healthcare, the local non-profit community healthcare system, contact the Foundation at (302) 644-2900.