- About Beebe
- Find a Doctor
- Our Locations
- Our Services
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Surgery Team
- Cardiac Diagnostic Tests & Monitoring
- Cardiac Rehab
- Electrophysiology Services
- Interventional Cardiology
- Ornish Lifestyle Medicine
- Vascular Services
- Beebe Vein Center
- Diabetes Management & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine Program
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Oncology Services
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation Services
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Career Opportunities
- Community Outreach
- Patient & Visitor Information
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Visitor Information
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
- Beebe Medical Foundation
- Beebe Medical Group
- Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing
- About Us
- Financial Information
- Financial Assistance
- Consumer/GE Information
- Student Services
- Contact Us
- Volunteer at Beebe
- Recognize a Team Member
Beebe Medical Foundation Announces New Sponsors for Jean & Joan Charity Tournament to Benefit Beebe’s Tunnell Cancer Center
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Foundation announced that sponsors are beginning to sign up for the 16th Annual Jean & Joan Cancer Fund Annual Charity Golf Tournament to be held Monday, September 28, 2015, at Kings Creek Country Club. The charity tournament is the only source of funding for the Fund, which since its founding in 1999, has donated $415,000 from tournament proceeds to support cancer care at Beebe’s Tunnell Cancer Center.
The proceeds from this year’s tournament will be donated to purchase another patient transport van – at a cost of approximately $56,000. The 14-passenger bus, equipped for two wheelchairs, will be used by the Cancer Center to help patients who do not have their own transportation receive their treatments.
Tournament chair Vicki Tull said sponsors play a valuable role in supporting the tournament and in enabling the Fund to raise significant funds for cancer patient care. She said that the Pohanka Family Foundation has renewed its support as a Hole Sponsor, new sponsors Arena’s Deli and Schab & Barnett, PA, have signed on, and Beebe Healthcare has increased its support to become an Augusta Sponsor.
The Tournament offers sponsors several categories of participation and recognition.
- A “St. Andrews Sponsor” ($5,000) is listed as a Tournament Gift Sponsor, can have 8 Players, is listed on the Sponsor Board & Program, has their company logo on a pin flag, and receives tournament shirts.
- An “Augusta Sponsor” ($2,500) can have 8 Players, is listed on the Sponsor Board & Program, and receives tournament shirts.
- A “Pebble Beach Sponsor” ($1,500) can have 4 Players, is listed on the Sponsor Board & Program, and receives tournament shirts.
- A “Hole Sponsor” ($1,000) can have 4 Players, is listed on the Sponsor Board & Program, and receives prominent signage on one hole.
- A “Merion Sponsor” ($500) can have 3 players, is listed on the Sponsor Board & Program, and receives tournament Shirts.
- A “Contest Sponsor” ($250) is listed on the Sponsor Board & Program, receives Signage at the Tournament, and is listed as a sponsor of one Tournament Contest.
Jim Martin, Jean & Joan Cancer Fund Founder and President said, “We are grateful to the many businesses and professionals who sponsor our tournament, held each year at Kings Creek Country Club, and to the many individuals who play. We look forward to their continued participation and another successful tournament on September 28.”
After last year’s tournament, the Fund donated $70,000 to Beebe Healthcare for a third 3D Mammography Machine to support early diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer, bringing to $415,000 the fund has donated for cancer care at the Tunnell Cancer Center since its founding in 1999. In 2013, the Fund donated $90,000 for recliners, and for the purchase of new computer Workstations on Wheels (WOW) that allow nurses to remain at a patient’s bedside for patient care and charting.
In previous years, tournament proceeds allowed the Fund to: Purchase for Tunnell three patient transport vans and other emergency and diagnostic equipment; to join the Center in creating a special “Patient Special Needs” fund; to fund construction of a scenic wall in the Tunnell Healing Garden; and to establish a library and center for fitting cosmetic and prosthetic devices for recovering cancer patients.
For more information about the tournament, online registration and sponsorship opportunities, visit the Fund’s website at www.jeanandjoanfund.org.
Beebe Medical Foundation was established in 1989 with the sole mission to raise philanthropic support for Beebe Healthcare. The Foundation is located at 902 Savannah Road, Lewes, DE 19958. For more information, please contact the Beebe Medical Foundation at (302) 644-2900 or visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org/foundation
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware for residents and visitors, including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehab services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.