- Find a Doctor
- Cardiac & Cardiothoracic
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Oncology Services
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Women's Health
- Vascular Services
- Patients & Visitors
- The Beebe Bite
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Information
- Gift Shop
- Charity and Financial Assistance
- Beebe is LGBTQ Inclusive
After Ringing the Bell: A Cancer Survivorship Conference to take place January 15, 2015, in Rehoboth
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
For the third year in a row, the Sussex County Survivorship Coalition will host the inspirational one-day event that has brought so many cancer survivors and caregivers together to share in hope, support and resilience.
“After Ringing the Bell: A Cancer Survivorship Conference” will take place Thursday, January 15, 2015, at the Rehoboth Beach Country Club. The event will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 4 p.m. It is offered at no cost, but attendees must register prior to January 9, 2015, by calling Jo Allegro-Smith at (302) 645-9150, or by emailing her at email@example.com.
The conference focuses on the survivor’s transition from patient to survivor. Attendees will be presented with information on how to identify post-treatment emotional concerns as they integrate mind-body medicine into cancer survivorship care.
Health professionals will be able to earn continuing education units. Speakers are:
• Judith Ramirez, EdD, Manager of Oncology Population Health Services at Beebe Healthcare. She will speak about the importance that telling stories plays in a survivor’s transition from patient to survivor.
• Clare Wilson, RN, MS, the Cancer Care Coordinator at Beebe Healthcare’s Tunnell Cancer Center, will talk about Mindfulness Meditation. Clare is a certified well coach, and has worked with cancer patients for more than 25 years.
• Beverly Geffon, RYT, with WhYoga, LLC in Milford, will talk about yoga and its healing benefits to the cancer survivors.
• Gioia Chilton, PhD, ATR-BC, and Rebecca Wilkinson, MA, LCPAT, ATR-BC, two studio artists and art therapists from Creative Wellbeing LCC, will show how creativity can inspire resilience and bring meaning into our lives.
Vendors also will have exhibits and provide a variety of health and wellness information and resources. A continental breakfast and a lunch will be provided at the conference.
The Sussex County Survivorship Coalition was formed in July 2011 to coordinate the efforts of the variety of local organizations that traditionally have reached out to cancer survivors.
The Coalition members are: Tunnell Cancer Center of Beebe Healthcare; Nanticoke Cancer Care Center of Nanticoke Memorial Hospital; Cancer Support Community- Delaware (Formerly The Wellness Community Delaware); Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition; American Cancer Society; Leukemia- Lymphoma Society; Cancer Care Connection; and Susan G. Komen for the Cure-Philadelphia Affiliate.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities at multiple sites providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehab services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.