- Find a Doctor
- Emergency Care
- Home Care
- Outpatient Services
- Women's Health
- Vascular & Vein Center
- Patients & Visitors
- The Beebe Bite
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Information
- Gift Shop
- Charity and Financial Assistance
- Beebe is LGBTQ Inclusive
“So, You Want to Quit Smoking” Event to be Held on November 14
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Every year, on the third Thursday of November, smokers across the nation take part in the American Cancer Society's Great American Smokeout. Why not use that date as the milestone to make a plan to quit, or plan in advance and quit smoking that day? By quitting - even for one day - smokers take an important step toward a healthier life and reducing their cancer risk.
Beebe Healthcare's Tunnell Cancer Center can help you with your quit smoking challenge with the free session, "So YOU Want to Quit Smoking" on Monday, November 14, from 6-8 p.m. at the Lewes Public Library.
Topics and speakers include:
- The History of Smoking and "Why Quit," Dr Vika Batra, MD, Sussex Pulmonary and Endocrine Consultants
- Quitting is a Journey -Benefits of Quitting, Christopher Steele, Director of Respiratory, EKG and Neuro
- Tips, Strategies an Resources for Quitting, Debbie Campbell, RN, MN, Cancer Screening Nurse Navigator
- Using Alternative and Complementary Therapies for Quitting, Cheyenne Luzader, Coordinator of Integrative Health
There is no charge for this event; however, you are asked to preregister online at www.iquitsmoking.eventbrite.com. The Lewes Public Library is located at 111 Adams Avenue, Lewes, DE, and the event will be held in the west side large meeting room. Light refreshments will be provided. If you have questions, or require additional information, please call Debbie Campbell at (302) 645-3169.