- Find a Doctor
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cancer Services
- Center for Robotic Surgery
- Diabetes & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Patients & Visitors
- Gift Shop
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
After Ringing the Bell: A Cancer Survivorship Conference Set January 14 in Rehoboth Beach
Submitted by Rachel on
For the fourth year, the Sussex County Survivorship Coalition will host After Ringing the Bell, an inspirational one-day conference for cancer survivors and healthcare professionals to come together and share hope, support, and resilience.
After Ringing the Bell: A Cancer Survivorship Conference will be held Thursday, January 14, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Rehoboth Beach Country Club. Those interested in attending are asked to register for this free event by Friday, January 7, 2016. Register online at: afterringingthebell.eventbrite.com. For more information, contact Jo Allegro-Smith, Sussex County director for the Cancer Support Community at (302) 645-9150 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s conference theme is “Living Bravely,” the ability of people to successfully transition from patient to survivor and embrace their courage, compassion, and connection to their daily lives.
Health professionals will be able to earn continuing education credits. This year’s featured speakers are:
- Sarah J. White, LMHC, CYT; licensed mental health counselor and certified yoga teacher who will speak on the topic of “Living Bravely.”
- Clare Wilson, RN, MS, LPCMH; Beebe Healthcare Tunnell Cancer Center certified well coach, who will speak on “Mindfulness Meditation.”
- Abby Tschoepe, RRT, BS; Manager of the Beebe Healthcare Ornish Reversal Program, who will speak on ways to “Love Your Life.”
- Karen Barwick, LPCMH; licensed professional counselor of mental health and certified Daring Way™ Facilitator, who will speak on “Whole-Hearted Living.”
- Isabel Benson, NP-C, AOCNP; Nurse Practitioner with Nanticoke Cancer Care, who will speak on the topic of “Late and Long-Term Effects and Cancer Survivorship.”
Coffee and tea will be available in the morning and lunch will be provided. Seating is limited.
The Sussex County Survivorship Coalition was formed in July 2011 to coordinate the efforts of local organizations traditionally reaching out to cancer survivors. The Coalition includes representatives from: Beebe Healthcare’s Tunnell Cancer Center, Nanticoke Health Services and Nanticoke Cancer Care, Cancer Support Community – Delaware, Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition, American Cancer Society, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Cancer Care Connection, and Susan G. Komen for the Cure – Philadelphia Affiliate.
About Tunnell Cancer Center
The Robert & Eolyne Tunnell Cancer Center at Beebe Healthcare was established in 1995. It has received the Commission on Cancer's highest accreditation with commendation as a comprehensive community cancer center. Its clinical specialties are medical oncology/hematology and radiation oncology. It also offers a multidisciplinary approach for planning all cancer treatment. Nearly 200 patients visit the center each day.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware for residents and visitors, including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehabilitation services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.