- Find a Doctor
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cancer Services
- Center for Robotic Surgery
- Diabetes & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Patients & Visitors
- Gift Shop
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
Beebe Healthcare to host Education Series on the Ornish Reversal Program
Submitted by Rachel on
Beebe Healthcare is pleased to announce its Quarterly Education Series. This free program will feature talks and discussions on the Ornish Reversal Program, which will give members of the public a better understanding of the program.
The Ornish Reversal Program is nationally recognized—through the results of more than 35 years of peer-reviewed, published research—for preventing, stopping, and even reversing the progression of heart disease. Participants have reported that they no longer have chest pain, they have more energy, their cholesterol levels and blood pressure have lowered, and they have kept off weight lost while taking part in the program. They also have reported they have been able to reduce their medications.
The 37 years of scientific evidence conducted by Dean Ornish, M.D. and his colleagues in collaboration with the UC San Francisco and other leading academic institutions shows that changes in diet and lifestyle can make a powerful difference in your heart function and overall well-being.
On Friday, March 18, Debra Dobies, MA, RD, LDN, is Beebe Healthcare's Ornish Reversal Program Registered Dietitian and Medical Nutrition Therapist, will discuss “Nutrition – Understanding Food Labels.” Participants will enjoy a healthy cooking demonstration and discussion on preparing low-fat, whole foods, using plant-based recipes from the Ornish program. Foods will be prepared by Ornish Reversal Chef Miguel Cuevas. The program will last from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. in the McCurry Conference Room at the Rehoboth Beach Health Campus. Please RSVP by calling (302) 645-3514.
Mark your calendars for these future events in the Quarterly Education Series:
- May 20, 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., in the McCurry Conference Room: “Making Exercise Accessible.” Learn how to get a good workout and improve your heart health at home with practically no equipment and very little space.
- September 23, 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., in the McCurry Conference Room: “Understand Mental Fitness.” Understand the heart healing power of connection.
- November 14, 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., in the McCurry Conference Room: “Stress Management: Enjoying the Holiday Season.” Learn how to tackle stress and stay happy, relaxed, and heart healthy during the holidays.
For more information on Beebe Healthcare’s Ornish Reversal Program, go to www.beebehealthcare.org/ornish or call (302) 645-3514.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware for residents and visitors, including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehabilitation services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.