- Find a Doctor
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cancer Services
- Center for Robotic Surgery
- Diabetes & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Patients & Visitors
- Gift Shop
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
Beebe Healthcare partners with state to assist the uninsured with the Health Insurance Marketplace enrollment process
Submitted by Rachel on
Beebe Healthcare is pleased to partner with Choose Health Delaware, the state’s program for healthcare reform, and the Health Insurance Marketplace where Delawareans can access and evaluate health insurance coverage options.
Beebe Healthcare urges those who are uninsured to take part in the open-enrollment period that began November 15, 2014, and ends February 15, 2015. For those who are interested in enrolling, Beebe has instituted commitment cards provided by Choose Health Delaware that can be completed and placed in the drop boxes located in Beebe’s Patient Financial Services office, the Emergency Department, and at Tunnell Cancer Center. Guides assigned by the state will pick up these cards weekly and contact applicants who are requesting assistance.
You may also visit ChooseHealthDE.com, or call the 24/7 Helpline at 1 (800) 318-2596 (TTY: 1 (855)889-4325).
Federal law requires most United States citizens to have health coverage. Many programs will no longer provide healthcare services to people who are eligible for coverage under the federal mandate, unless they are deemed ineligible or exempt from the federal requirements.
Beebe follows federal mandate requirements and proof of ineligibility or exemptions from the insurance marketplace for the uninsured to apply for our Financial Assistance Programs.
To determine if you may be ineligible or exempt from enrollment in the insurance marketplace or need to apply for an exemption, visit Healthcare.gov or ChooseHealthDE.com
Here are a few reasons Beebe encourages those in need to get covered through the Health Insurance Marketplace:
- Health Insurance companies compete for business. Consumers can compare offers and choose the best plan for them.
- Peace of Mind. You are prepared for any health issues. Health insurance can help you avoid health concerns before they become major problems.
- Financial help. People with moderate to low incomes may qualify to get help to offset the cost of premiums and out-of-pocket expenses.
- It’s the law. If you are required to have health insurance and you don’t get it, or you are not approved for an exemption, you will pay a penalty and the penalty gets larger every year.
Important dates and deadlines:
- November 15, 2014: Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment began.
- November 10, 2014: Community Healthcare Access Program (CHAP) announces program will evolve, change its name, and focus on those ineligible to purchase health insurance or who are exempt from federal mandate. Applicants will need to meet one of the Affordable Care Act exemptions and /or be denied Medicaid in order to receive program assistance. Applicants must provide proof of ineligibility or exemption.
- February 1, 2015: CHAP will dis-enroll individuals who are eligible for Medicaid or required by law to purchase health coverage.
- February 15, 2015: Open enrollment for Insurance Marketplace ends.
For more information on the Health Insurance Marketplace and Delaware’s expanded Medicaid program, go to www.ChooseHealthDE.com
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities at multiple sites providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehab services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.