- Find a Doctor
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cancer Services
- Center for Robotic Surgery
- Diabetes & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Patients & Visitors
- Gift Shop
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
Beebe Healthcare to open Walk-In Care at the Rehoboth Beach Health Campus
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
Beebe Healthcare will open a new Beebe Walk-In Care location late summer at the Bookhammer Outpatient Center at 18941 John J. Williams Highway (Route 24) in Rehoboth Beach to provide much needed healthcare services to the people living, working, and visiting in the surrounding area.
This is the fourth Beebe Walk-in Care location serving southern Delaware.
“Beebe Walk-in Care is excited for the opportunity to open a walk-in in the Lewes-Rehoboth area,” says Douglas B. Allen, DO, Medical Director of Beebe Walk-In Care. “The Beebe Health Campus on Route 24 is not only close to the ocean and bay beaches, but is conveniently located to the many residential communities in the Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, and Long Neck areas.
“We look forward to partnering with the primary care providers of that area to render necessary care to patients in the evening or on weekends when physician offices are typically closed. Having Beebe's quality Imaging, Lab and Rehabilitation services nearby to complement our services is also a major benefit to patients.”
The new Beebe Walk-In Care will have plenty of parking and is about 1/2 mile west of Route 1. Also housed in this single-story building are: Beebe Rehab Services, Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express, and the Beebe Outpatient Surgery Center. The three-story Medical Arts Building adjacent houses Beebe’s Tunnell Cancer Center on the first floor and medical offices on the two upper floors.
Patients who have visited Beebe Walk-In Care locations can have their physicians obtain copies of their medical record from their walk-in experience. In addition, Beebe physicians can access their patients’ records through the electronic medical record system. The Rehoboth Walk-In will join these existing Beebe Walk-In Care locations:
• Millville Walk-In Care is in the Creekside Plaza on Route 26, which is about five miles west of Route 1. It is located in the same complex with: Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express and Beebe Rehab (which offers physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech and language pathology). For more information on Millville, call (302) 541-4175.
• Millsboro Walk-In Care is located at 28538 DuPont Boulevard (Route 113). The location, which shares a space with Mid-Atlantic Family Practice, also houses Beebe Imaging and Beebe Lab Express. For more information on Millsboro, call (302) 934-5052.
• Georgetown Walk-In Care is located at 21635 Biden Avenue (Rt. 404/18 just west of Rt. 113). It is in the same building with Beebe outpatient services including Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express, Beebe Rehab and Beebe HealthyBack. The Beebe Walk-In Care telephone number is (302) 856-9729.
Beebe Walk-In Care allows patients to receive non-emergency and immediate care at a more affordable price. Examples of the illnesses and health problems that are appropriate for treatment in Walk-In Care include:
• Upper respiratory infections
• Strep throat/Sore throat
• Cough, cold, flu
• Sinus infections
• Ear infections
• Swimmer’s ear
• Minor eye infections, pink eye, stye and abrasions
• Bladder infections
• Sprains and Strains
• Minor burns, cuts and simple lacerations
• Uncomplicated neck and back pain
• Incision and drainage
• Simple splinting
In the event of a life-threatening illness or accident, please call 911. This will allow the patient to receive immediate, emergency treatment by emergency responders and to be taken to the nearest suitable hospital emergency room.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware for residents and visitors, including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehab services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.