- Find a Doctor
- Patients & Visitors
Beebe Healthcare Walk-in Care Open Year-Round in Millville – Total Care throughout Southern Delaware
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
We are pleased to announce that Beebe Walk-In Care in Millville will remain open year-round. The hours for Beebe Walk-In Care in Millville, Georgetown and Millsboro have been expanded to 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Hours at Millville are Monday through Friday, while hours at Georgetown and Millsboro are SEVEN DAYS A WEEK.
“We have experienced a tremendous population growth in recent years, which has created more demand for medical care,” says Douglas B. Allen, DO, Medical Director of all Beebe Walk-In Care locations. “Walk-in care is an excellent option for people who either do not have a primary care physician yet because they are new residents, for those who are visiting our area, and for those who need to be seen right away, but whose physician’s office already has closed for the day.”
Dr. Allen emphasized that if someone is suffering a life-threatening illness, such as a possible stroke or heart attack, they should immediately call 911, which will allow the patient to receive immediate, emergency treatment by emergency responders and to be taken to the nearest suitable hospital emergency room.
“We have expanded our hours to meet the needs of those in the communities that we serve,” Dr. Allen said. “Beebe works closely with leaders throughout Sussex County to identify the many healthcare needs and to find ways to meet them. Beebe Walk-In Care is just one of the many ways we are doing that. Other programs include free education outreach and screening activities, as well as home health services and a close working relationship through Delmarva Health Network with many physicians, as well as other hospitals.”
Patients who have visited Beebe Walk-In Care locations can have their physicians obtain copies of their medical record from their walk-in experience. Or, Beebe physicians can access their patients’ records through the Beebe electronic medical record system.
• Millville Walk-In Care is in the Creekside Plaza on Route 26 (Five miles west of Route 1). It is located in the same complex with: Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express and Beebe Rehab (which offers physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech and language pathology). For more information on Millville, call (302) 541-4175.
• Millsboro Walk-In Care is located at 28538 DuPont Blvd (Route 113). The location, which shares a space with Mid-Atlantic Family Practice, also houses Beebe Imaging and Beebe Lab Express. For more information on Millsboro, call (302) 934-5052.
• Georgetown Walk-In Care is located at 21635 Biden Avenue (RT 404/18 just west of Rt. 113). It is in the same building with Beebe outpatient services including Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express, Beebe Rehab and Beebe HealthyBack. The Beebe Walk-In Care telephone number is (302) 856-9729.
Beebe Walk-In Care locations allow patients to receive non-emergency and immediate care. Examples of the illnesses and health problems that are appropriate for treatment in Beebe’s Walk-In Care include:
• Cough, cold, flu
• Upper respiratory infections
• Strep throat and sore throat
• Sinus infections
• Ear infections
• Swimmer’s ear
• Minor eye infections, pink eye, stye and abrasions
• Bladder infections
• Sprains and strains
• Minor burns, cuts and simple lacerations
• Uncomplicated neck and back pain
• Incision and drainage
• Simple splinting
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities at multiple sites providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehab services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.