- Find a Doctor
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cancer Services
- Center for Robotic Surgery
- Diabetes & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Patients & Visitors
- Gift Shop
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
Irene P. Sorbara Charitable Foundation Trust Presents Scholarships to Seven Students at the Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing
Submitted by Patricia on
Seven students at the Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing are the recipients of scholarships presented by the Irene P. Sorbara Charitable Foundation Trust.
Mrs. Sorbara established the trust to provide annual scholarships for residents of Sussex County who are pursuing post-secondary education in the fields of nursing or teaching. The first scholarship was awarded in the fall of 2010.
Mrs. Sorbara was born in Lewes in 1938 and died in 2007. She was an elementary school teacher in Rehoboth Beach for 30 years. This year’s recipients include:
• Bethany Campbell- Milford, Delaware
• Christopher Miller – Lincoln, Delaware
• Megan Pusey – Frankford, Delaware.
• Cara Melendez – Millsboro, Delaware
• Alexandra Myers – Millsboro, Delaware
• Hannah Powers – Georgetown, Delaware • Michaela Trice – Seaford, Delaware
Caption: Picturd here, left to right, are: Nina Hazzard, Program Coordinator of Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing; Christopher Miller; Megan Pusey; Bethany Campbell; Cara Melendez; Michaela Trice; Alexandra Myers; Hannah Powers (absent for photo).
The Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing at Beebe Healthcare, is the only hospital-based nursing program in Delaware, and is accredited by The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The diploma in Professional Nursing is awarded at the completion of the curriculum, qualifying graduates to be eligible for National Council of State Boards of Nursing NCLEX examination, leading to licensure as a registered nurse. Beebe graduates consistently have high NCLEX pass rates.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware for residents and visitors, including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer treatment center, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehabilitation services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.