- Find a Doctor
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cancer Services
- Center for Robotic Surgery
- Diabetes & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Patients & Visitors
- Gift Shop
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
Free Cancer Survivorship Conference Set for January 18 in Rehoboth
Submitted by Patricia on
Online registration now available at: afterringingthebell2018.eventbrite.com
The Sussex County Survivorship Coalition will host After Ringing the Bell, an inspirational one-day annual conference for cancer survivors and healthcare professionals to come together and share hope, support, and resilience. “After Ringing the Bell: Achieving Wellness with Grit & Grace—A Cancer Survivorship Conference” will be held Thursday, January 18, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at the Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center located at 101 N. Boardwalk, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971.
Those interested in attending are asked to register for this free event by Monday, January 15, 2018. Register online at: afterringingthebell2018.eventbrite.com. For more information, email email@example.com or call the Cancer Support Community at (302) 645‐9150.
This year’s conference theme is “Achieving Wellness with Grit & Grace.” To make it through your cancer journey, you need grit and grace. Grit gives you the energy and focus to take action, while grace gives you the peace and wisdom to make the best decisions for yourself and your family. Combining grit and grace means we do the very best we can. We show up fully and then surrender to the results.
This year’s featured speakers include:
• Scott Siegal, PhD: “Grit, Grace, and Wellness in Survivorship”
• Michael Mackenzie, Ph.D. & Tricia Jefferson, RD, LDN & Cindy Beaver: “Using Grit and Grace to Develop a Wellness Vision”
• Judith Ramirez, Ed.D.: “Growing Grace in Survivorship”
Health professionals will be able to earn continuing education credits. Conference Objectives include:
• Identify how we use grit and grace to transition from patient to survivor
• Identify how to develop a wellness vision
• Recognize the role of nutrition, physical activity, and other wellness activities to improve quality of life following cancer treatment
• Explore local resources to help individuals move from surviving to thriving
Continental breakfast will be available in the morning and lunch will be provided in the afternoon. Seating is limited.
The Sussex County Survivorship Coalition was formed in July 2011 to coordinate the efforts of local organizations traditionally reaching out to cancer survivors. The Coalition has grown to include, Beebe Healthcare's Tunnell Cancer Center; Nanticoke Cancer Care Center of Nanticoke Memorial Hospital, Cancer Support Community-Delaware; Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition; and American Cancer Society.
About Tunnell Cancer Center
The Robert & Eolyne Tunnell Cancer Center at Beebe Healthcare was established in 1995. It has received the Commission on Cancer's highest accreditation with commendation as a comprehensive community cancer center. Its clinical specialties are medical oncology/hematology and radiation oncology. It also offers a multidisciplinary approach for planning all cancer treatment. Nearly 200 patients visit the center each day.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people who live, work, and visit the communities we serve. Beebe offers services throughout Southern Delaware, including a 210-licensed-bed medical center in downtown Lewes, a cancer treatment center, home care services, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehabilitation services. For more information on services offered through Beebe, go to www.beebehealthcare.org. To find out how Beebe Healthcare is creating the next generation of care for the community, go to www.nextgenerationofcare.org.