- Find a Doctor
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Surgery Team
- Cardiac Diagnostic Tests & Monitoring
- Cardiac Rehab
- Electrophysiology Services
- Interventional Cardiology
- Ornish Lifestyle Medicine
- Vascular Services
- Beebe Vein Center
- Diabetes Management & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine Program
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Oncology Services
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation Services
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Patients & Visitors
- Gift Shop
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
Ellie Spare is first Beebe Baby of the New Year
Submitted by Rachel on
First Baby of 2018, born in the First Town, in the First State
Ellie Spare joined the world at 1:51 a.m. on Monday, January 1, making her the first Beebe Baby of 2018.
Mom, Katherine, and dad, Phil, were not prepared to have a New Year’s Day baby. Ellie wasn’t due until mid-January.
“I was doing laundry on Sunday and whoosh, my water broke,” recalls Katherine. The Millsboro couple was admitted to the hospital about 30 minutes later. Dr. Angela Caswell-Monack of Beebe Women’s Healthcare – Plantations delivered Ellie.
Beebe’s Women’s and Children’s Health team had put together donations for a basket for the First Baby to receive. The basket includes onesies, little booties, blankets, and more.
Ellie joins two siblings at home – a 6-year-old brother and a 22-year-old sister.
“We joke that Ellie is here only because of her brother,” said Phil. “We weren’t planning to have any more children, but her brother wished for a baby in a wishing well and two weeks later we found out we were pregnant!”
Beebe Healthcare is creating the next generation of Women’s and Children’s Health with its proposed $180 million expansion plan. The plan calls for an expansion on the main campus in Lewes to include a new labor and delivery wing to serve the growing population of young families. To find out more about the next generation of care or to receive updates directly to your inbox, go to www.nextgenerationofcare.org.
Beebe is proud to be a Baby-Friendly™ Hospital, reflecting its commitment to the optimal level of care for infant feeding and mother-and-infant bonding. Find out more about Baby-Friendly hospitals and maternity care at Beebe: www.beebehealthcare.org/womens-health.