The Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing at Beebe Healthcare prepares graduates who are eligible for licensure as a graduate nurse and exhibit the following competencies:
- Integrate knowledge gained from the related sciences and nursing courses to provide comprehensive culturally competent care to individuals of all ages, levels of wellness, and n a variety of healthcare settings.
- Adopt new and previously learned skills and procedures to meet the needs of patients in all healthcare settings.
- Evaluate critical thinking skills, the nursing process, and evidence-based practice/best practice standards when providing patient care in all healthcare settings.
- Facilitate therapeutic communication when interacting with individuals, families, groups, and healthcare team members of all cultural backgrounds.
- Implement individualized teaching to meet the needs of individuals, families, and groups of all cultural backgrounds.
- Utilize resources within the community to meet the needs of individuals, families, and groups.
- Collaborate with members of the healthcare team to promote, maintain, and restore individual, family, and community health.
- Practice nursing within the framework of ethical principles and legal standards.
- Practice accountability in all healthcare settings.