- Find a Doctor
- Patients & Visitors
Student Volunteer Program
If you are a student interested in healthcare and you enjoy helping others, our student volunteer program at Beebe Healthcare provides an excellent opportunity to get involved.
The Student Volunteer Program is designed to offer students a meaningful educational experience by volunteering in their local community hospital. Students have the opportunity to learn about various healthcare careers while combining hands-on tasks within a variety of placement areas within the hospital. This program encourages students to become our next generation of healthcare leaders, while learning valuable life skills in compassion and kindness to serve our patients and community.
2019 Summer Volunteer Program
Applications will be accepted beginning March 15 through April 1 or until the program fills.
To be a 2019 Summer Volunteer, you must be able to commit to the following:
- Be available during the dates of June 17 through August 16.
- Commit to at least 7 out of the 9 weeks.
- Volunteer twice a week for a 4-hour shift, either an 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 12 to 4 p.m. No full days.
- Must be at least 14 years old by June 17.
Student Volunteer Application Requirements:
• Complete the online application Student Volunteer Application (link below)
• Complete the Student Onboarding Docs. An email will be sent with a link to these documents. Please check your email a few days after submitting your application for that email/link. Register and attend a telephone interview and an orientation which are in May and June.
• The hospital administers a Tuberculosis/TB Skin tests at orientation. For minor students, a parental consent form will have to be completed.
• Complete state and federal background checks. Forms are filled out at orientation.
Here is the link to the new 2019 Summer Volunteer Application:
2018-2019 Year Round Program
At this time, the student program is closed as we assess the needs of the organization. Please check back periodically for updates.
Beebe has a year-round program for high school students ages 14-18. The summer program includes high school students ages 14 to 18 and college students in their freshmen through senior years of undergraduate studies. Year-round participants must commit to at least 50 hours of service over six months. Summer participants must be available for at least seven of the nine weeks during the summer program and commit to at least 50 hours of service during that time.
Please note: Beebe Healthcare Volunteer Services cannot accept applications for court-ordered community service hours.