Delaware Stroke Summit
Hyatt Place 19113 Coastal Hwy Dewey Beach, DE
Please join us for the second annual Delaware Stroke Summit. The agenda is as follows:
Registration 8:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Coffee with Continental Breakfast, Visit Sponsor Tables and Free Health Screenings provided by Beebe Healthcare’s Community Outreach Team
Welcome 9 a.m. – 9:15 a.m.
- David Tam, MD, MBA, CPHE, FACHE, President & CEO, Beebe Healthcare and Mr. E. Thomas Harvey, III, Chairman & CEO, Harvey, Hanna & Associates, American Heart Association Delaware Board of Directors Leadership Chair
Opening Keynotes 9:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m.
- Paul Sierzenski, MD, MSHQS, CPE, FACEP, Senior Vice President, Chief Physician Executive, Beebe Healthcare: Prevention, Risk Factors, Warning Signs. Did you know Delaware has the third worst stroke mortality rate in US?
- Shilpi Mittal, MD, Jefferson Health: Secondary Stroke Risk Management
Breakout Sessions 10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. (30 minutes each)
Clinician Sessions: •
- Kim Holmes, MSN, APRN, ACNS-BC, PCCN-K, Clinical Specialist and Primary Stroke Program Coordinator, Bayhealth: Tenecteplase (TNK)
- Jeffery Anderson, MD, PAM Health, PM&R Physician with Milford and Georgetown: Post Acute Medical Presentation
- Liz Thompson, PT, PhD, NCS, Clinical Research Scientist, University of Delaware Department of Physical Therapy: Clinical Research Study Results on Post-Stroke Rehabilitation
- Thinesh Sivapatham, MD, Neurointerventional Surgeons, ChristianaCare, Mechanical Thrombectomy
- Carissa Baker-Smith, MD, Nemours Children’s Health: Importance of Primordial and Primary Prevention Beginning in Youth for Reducing Cardiovascular Disease Burden in Adulthood
- John Wright, Sussex County EMS: Smart 911
- Kelsie Collins, PT, Director of Neurology PT Residency Program, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Middletown with Stroke Survivor Karen Wey and husband Joe Wey
- James Ellison, MD, Jefferson Health: Stroke & Depression
- Fabrizio Sergi, PhD, Associate Professor, BME, ME, University of DE: Stroke Research on Robotics
- Kate Smith, MD, Program Manager & Clinical Liaison, Delaware Academy of Medicine/Delaware Public Health Association: The Public Health Impact of Stroke