Encouraging Healthy Living
Beebe's Population Health Department supports our charitable mission to encourage healthy living and prevent illness among residents and visitors to our community. Beebe provides a range of free health screenings throughout our community, including blood pressure, cholesterol, osteoporosis, and skin cancer screenings. To schedule screenings for your group or event, please contact Population Health via email: [email protected] or by phone: 302-645-3337.
Beebe Population Health is located at: 34382 Carpenters Way, Second Floor, Lewes, Delaware.
Have medications you need to dispose of? There are many locations where you can drop off old or unused medications to have them disposed of properly.
Community Outreach Programs
- File of Life: The File of Life believes that everyone should receive prompt, quality medical care, especially when it matters most – in an emergency. This product is designed to make the difference between life and death by providing absolutely vital information to first responders. Download your File of Life.
- Community Needs Assessment: A community needs assessment identifies the strengths and resources available in the community to meet the needs of children, youth, and families. The assessment focuses on the capabilities of the community, including its citizens, agencies, and organizations. View the 2022 Community Health Needs Assessment, along with the 2022 Executive Summary, and the 2022 CHNA Implementation Strategy Plan.
- CPR Classes: Visit our Classes page for more details about FREE CPR classes offered to the community.
- Request a Beebe Speaker
Have questions about whether to go to the Emergency Department or a Walk-In? Looking for resources for a current patient? Start here.
Food Assistance Programs:
- Meals on Wheels: Continues to serve hot, nutritious meals to vulnerable Delawareans.
- Delaware 2-1-1: United Way’s Delaware 2-1-1 hotline and website provides links to critical services, including food needs. Contact: Dial 2-1-1 or dial 1-800-560-3372; text your Zip code to 898-211.
- Division of Social Services: Food Supplement Program (SNAP) – Apply online for Delaware’s Food Supplement Program using the DHSS Assist website. Learn more on the Division of Social Services’ website. Contact: 1-866-843-7212.
Child Meal Programs:
- Department of Education Resources
- Student Meal Sites in Delaware
- Student Meal Sites in Delaware – Spanish
- Student Meal Sites in Delaware – Haitian Creole