The Beebe Healthcare Laboratory offers a variety of resources from simple blood tests to the more complex. While walk-ins are allowed, appointments are preferred for faster service.
For more information on what services are offered, please see our How Can We Help You section below.
Online Scheduling is not available for Lab Services.
How Can We Help You?
Lab Services at Beebe
The Beebe Healthcare Laboratory offers a variety of resources from simple blood tests to the more complex. With over 100 dedicated team members processing more than 1,200,000 tests annually, we provide timely, quality analysis and results. When you choose a Beebe Lab Express for blood and specimen collections, your safety is our top priority. Our accredited, full-service outpatient Lab Express sites are conveniently located throughout Sussex County. We offer the highest quality standards and courteous professional phlebotomy experts for routine, pediatric and specialty collections.
Lab work and blood tests are ordered by your healthcare provider for a variety of reasons. They are used to monitor routine conditions, screen for disease or to help confirm or rule out a diagnosis. When you provide blood, a throat swab, urine or other specimen, samples are sent to a lab for examination. Most routine lab tests are sent to your provider within 24 hours, if your provider feels your condition warrants a STAT test, it will be available sooner. Some specialized tests may take up to ten days. Please speak to your provider about any questions, when to expect your results and if any next steps are needed.
Call (302) 645-3278 to schedule your lab appointment.
Prepare for Your Appointment
To process your lab work as quickly as possible, you will need:
- A Lab Order Form with your physicians full name, address and phone number along with an accurate diagnosis code. This form is required when you call to make your appointment and when you arrive to have your blood drawn.
- Insurance card with the full name, address and phone number of your insurance company.
- Photo Identification
- Follow instructions given by your provider related to fasting, eating, drinking or taking your medications.
- If your provider has requested a Urine Test, please drink plenty of water prior to your arrival.
Lab Technical Services
Beebe Healthcare Lab Services is comprised of the following technical sections:
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Hematology Laboratory
- Mayo Clinic Laboratories
- Point of Care Testing
- Quality Assurance
- Specimen Processing
- Transfusion Services/Blood Bank
Beebe Lab Locations
American Association of Blood Banks
College of American Pathologists
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments