Helping patients return to their independent lives
Occupational therapy helps patients return to their independent lives. Occupational therapy is a task-oriented therapy that helps to restore your ability to perform the functions necessary for daily living, including personal self-care and homemaking, as well work and leisure activities. Treatment is focused on rehabilitation of the problem and prevention of further injury or deformity.
Many patients may have trouble dressing themselves, holding a pen, or getting in and out of a vehicle. This is where our skilled occupational therapists come in. Beebe's OTs will give you the skills you need for living. Treatment plans are individualized, each patient is evaluated and home visits are made, assessments of skills are done, and family members are included in the discussion of the best outcomes for the client.
Occupational therapists are skilled professionals who have studied human growth and development with specific emphasis on the social, emotional and physiological effects of illness and injury.
- Hand therapy for traumatic and post-traumatic injuries as well as surgical repairs
- Ergonomic assessment and treatment
- Splinting programs for joint protection, recovery from injury, increased motor function
- Functional cognitive treatment
- Therapy for neurological disorders (stroke,TBI, Parkinson’s, MS, SCI)
- Therapeutic approach for upper extremity orthopaedic and nerve impairments
- Driving program in conjunction with Moss Rehabilitation
Beebe's Occupational Therapy team works with AAA, AARP, and the American Occupational Therapy Association to provide information on CarFIT to make sure senior drivers fit well into their cars and are driving safely. Download the informational flyer to learn more.
Stroke patients are evaluated with one of the latest advances in stroke therapy, the Saebo Flex Orthosis®. This device enables you to begin using your hand sooner after a stroke, and it also assists in strengthening the rest of the involved upper extremity.