Game Time Bites: Turkey Meatball Sliders
Are you ready for some football?! Sports parties can often mean lots of unhealthy foods and snacks. So if you are hosting a sports gathering this year or have been invited to one, this lighter version of a slider will be sure to please any fan!
Turkey Meatball Sliders
Prep + Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 POUND of lean ground turkey
- 1/4 CUP of Panko Breadcrumbs, plain/unseasoned
- 1/4 CUP of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 TEASPOON of garlic powder
- 1/2 TEASPOON of dry oregano
- 1/2 TEASPOON of crushed red pepper
- 1 egg, large
- 2 TABLESPOONS of freshed chooped parsley (flat)
- 1 CUP low-sodium marinara sauce
- 1/2 CUP mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8-10 slider buns, toasted
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degree.
- Combine the ground turkey, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, garlic powder, oregano, red pepper flakes, egg and parsley in a large mixing bowl, and stir until well combined.
- From the mixture, roll 8-10 meatballs each approximately 2-inches in diameter.
- Place meatballs onto lined baking sheet (parchment paper or a silicone mat are preferred to foil) and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until browned and cooked through (internal temperature at least 165 degrees).
- Remove meatballs and preheat your oven to broil.
- Begin assembling your sliders by placing 1 meatball and a spoonful of marinara on each bun bottom. Top with mozzarella and place into oven and bake until cheese has melted, about 1-2 minutes. NOTE: Keep a close eye on them to avoid burning!
- Remove from oven, topping each slider with a basil leaf and the bun top, and serve immediately. Enjoy!