Liven Up Your Leftovers: Turkey Wrap with Fresh Tomato and Avocado
We've all been there before at the holidays ... contending with tons of roasted turkey left uneaten after the big family feast. Fortunately, there are other options besides old standbys like turkey salad and the humble turkey sandwich. By making some smart substitutions and some fresh additions, you can breathe new life into your tired leftovers.
Turkey and Avocado Wraps
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 8 ounces of reduced-fat cream cheese, with or without chives
- 2 tablespoons of Dijion mustard
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch rounds)
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped iceberg lettuce.
- 3/4 cup of shredded cheese (swiss or your favorite)
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 Hass avocado, sliced
- 6 Pieces of Cooked Bacon, Crumbled/Chopped
- 12 Slices of Roasted Turkey
- Combine the cream cheese and Dijon mustard in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Spread mustard and cheese mixture on each tortilla (about 2 tablespoons each), spreading to within 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Split lettuce evenly across the tortillas, pressing the lettuce down into the cream cheese mixture as you go.
- Place 2 turkey slices per tortilla over the lettuce, and sprinkle each wrap with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. Top with tomato, avocado, and bacon.
- Roll, cut, and enjoy!
Pop back in periodically for more recipe ideas. We’ve got the dinnertime scoop just for you!