Chicken Fajita Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Chicken Fajita Bowls with Cauliflower Rice
Prep + Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts (remove to make this an Ornish or plant-based meal)
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil (remove or use vegetable stock to make this an Ornish meal)
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 24 ounces (1 frozen bag) of cauliflower, riced
- 1/3 cup of freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Cheese, sour cream, and avocado, for serving, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 400º.
- On a large baking sheet, arrange the chicken breasts on one side and the sliced peppers and onions on the other. Drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
- Mix spices (chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and salt) in a small bowl and sprinkle over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake chicken and vegetables for about 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170º.
- While the chicken and vegetables bake, prepare the frozed riced cauliflower according to package directions. Finish by tossing with cilantro and lime juice, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables over the cauliflower rice with your favorite fajita toppings and enjoy!
Pop back in periodically for more recipe ideas. We’ve got the dinnertime scoop just for you! (Find them all by going to Search and searching "recipe")