Chicken Fajita Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Chicken Fajita Bowls with Cauliflower Rice
Prep + Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts (remove to make this an Ornish or plant-based meal)
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil (remove or use vegetable stock to make this an Ornish meal)
- 2 teaspoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 24 ounces (1 frozen bag) of cauliflower, riced
- 1/3 cup of freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Cheese, sour cream, and avocado, for serving, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 400º.
- On a large baking sheet, arrange the chicken breasts on one side and the sliced peppers and onions on the other. Drizzle with olive oil and set aside.
- Mix spices (chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, and salt) in a small bowl and sprinkle over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake chicken and vegetables for about 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170º.
- While the chicken and vegetables bake, prepare the frozed riced cauliflower according to package directions. Finish by tossing with cilantro and lime juice, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables over the cauliflower rice with your favorite fajita toppings and enjoy!