- Find a Doctor
- Emergency Care
- Home Care
- Outpatient Services
- Women's Health
- Vascular & Vein Center
- Patients & Visitors
- The Beebe Bite
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Information
- Gift Shop
- Charity and Financial Assistance
- Beebe is LGBTQ Inclusive
Robotically Assisted Cardiothoracic Surgery
The first procedures performed by Beebe’s Center for Robotic Surgery team will be thoracic surgeries or those procedures on the lungs, esophagus, or organs of the central part of the body.
Patients with lung cancer have options. In the past, lung surgery was an open procedure. Now, Beebe is able to offer a minimally invasive alternative.
Thoracic Procedures at Beebe
There are different types of lung cancer procedures and depending on your type of cancer and recommendations from your care team, you might be able to have minimally invasive robotic surgery procedures including:
- Wedge resection or Segmentectomy - surgical removal of a slice or section of lung tissue
- Lobectomy - surgical removal of a lobe or larger section of lung
- Pneumonectomy - surgical removal of an entire lung.
All surgery carries with it some amount of risk. With robotic surgery, patients can expect less scarring, quicker recovery time, and more precise removal of tumors. Studies have shown:
- Patients experience less blood loss
- Lower risk of infection
- Patients in 86% of cases are released from the hospital sooner.
Talk to your care team about whether you might be a candidate for robotically assisted surgery.