Beebe Healthcare Resumes Valet Service at Margaret H. Rollins Lewes Campus
Beebe Healthcare has resumed valet service at the Margaret H. Rollins Lewes Campus with enhanced safety precautions due to COVID-19.
Patients and visitors may use the service at Beebe’s main entrance on the west side of the campus near the parking garage. Valet had moved to the east entrance – where inpatient pickup and the emergency department is located – during the construction of the new main entrance. Please note that visitor restrictions are still in place. One well visitor may visit a patient per day, and visiting hours are between 2-7 p.m.
The new valet process features a number of safety steps developed by Beebe’s infection prevention team, including seat covers, personal protective equipment, and frequent hand hygiene.
“Safety is a top priority at all of our Beebe Healthcare sites and we want our patients and visitors to feel safe at all times,” said David A. Tam, MD, MBA, FACHE, President & CEO, Beebe Healthcare. “Beebe is safe and open – please do not delay your care. Our entire team is taking every precaution to keep this community safe during the pandemic, while providing quality compassionate care.”
Valet safety procedures include:
- As car arrives, valet performs hand hygiene (already has mask on)
- Valet approaches car and asks that driver lower all windows
- Valet places seat cover on and gets in vehicle, keeping as many windows open as possible depending on weather
- Valet parks vehicle and returns to the podium to store keys and performs hand hygiene
- When the car is returned, the same hand hygiene procedures are followed and the seat cover will be removed for the patient or visitor.
Caption: Joseph Tilelli, guest relations valet, stands outside Beebe Healthcare’s new main entrance at the Margaret H. Rollins Lewes Campus, where complimentary valet has resumed with extra safety precautions in place.