Beebe Healthcare’s Millville Walk-in Care to Remain Open
Beebe Healthcare is pleased to announce that Beebe Walk-In Care in Millville will remain open year-round. Hours of operation are 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, with extended daily hours of 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Beebe Walk-In Care locations in Georgetown and Millsboro are open year round from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., daily. The Lewes Weekend Walk-In hours are Friday, from noon to 8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
“The population continues to grow in Sussex County, especially in the South Coastal region. This has created a year-round demand for medical care,” said Douglas B. Allen, DO, Medical Director for Beebe Walk-In Care locations. “Walk-In Care is an excellent option for people who may not have a primary care physician because they are new residents, for those who are visiting our area, and for those who need to be seen right away, but whose physician’s office has closed for the day.”
For serious medical issues, please dial 911 immediately. Ambulance and medical transport teams are trained to provide immediate, emergency treatment while transporting patients to the nearest hospital emergency room.
“We have expanded our Walk-In Care hours to meet the needs of those in the communities that we serve,” Dr. Allen said. “Beebe works closely with leaders throughout Sussex County to identify healthcare needs and to find ways to meet them. Beebe Walk-In Care is just one of the many ways we are doing this. Other programs include free education outreach and screening activities, as well as home health services and a close working relationship through Delmarva Health Network with many physicians, as well as other hospitals.”
Patients who have visited Beebe Walk-In Care locations can have their physicians obtain copies of their medical record from their walk-in experience. Beebe physicians can also access their patients’ records through the Beebe electronic medical record system.
Beebe Walk-In Care locations:
- Millville Walk-In Care is in the Creekside Plaza on Route 26 (Five miles west of Route 1 at 32550 Doc’s Place, Unit 1). It is located in the same complex with: Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express and Beebe Physical Rehabilitation (which offers physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech and language pathology). For more information on the Millville Walk-In Care, please call (302) 541-4175.
- Millsboro Walk-In Care is located at 28538 DuPont Blvd (Route 113). The location, which shares a space with Mid-Atlantic Family Practice, also houses Beebe Imaging and Beebe Lab Express. For more information on the Millsboro Walk-In Care, please call (302) 934-5052.
- Georgetown Walk-In Care is located at 21635 Biden Avenue, Suite 101 (Route 404/18 just west of Route 113). It is in the same building with Beebe outpatient services including Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express, Beebe Physical Rehabilitation and Beebe HealthyBack. For more information on the Georgetown Walk-In Care, please call (302) 856-9729.
Beebe Walk-In Care locations allow patients to receive non-emergency and immediate care. Examples of the illnesses and health problems that are appropriate for treatment in Beebe’s Walk-In Care include:
- Cough, cold, flu
- Upper respiratory infections
- Strep throat and sore throat
- Sinus infections
- Ear infections
- Swimmer’s ear
- Minor eye infections, pink eye, stye and abrasions
- Bladder infections
- Sprains and strains
- Minor burns, cuts and simple lacerations
- Uncomplicated neck and back pain
- Incision and drainage
- Simple splinting
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities at multiple sites providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehab services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.