Baked Lemon Parmesan Chicken with Fresh Veggies
Lemon juice really brightens up the chicken in this quick and easy dish.
Baked Lemon Parmesan Chicken
Photo Credit: CafeDelites.com
Prep + Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 1 egg, Large
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 4 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced and separated
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup pramesan cheese, freshly grated
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F.
- Whisk together the egg, lemon juice, parsley, garlic (2 teaspoons) and about a half tablespoon each of salt and pepper in a marge mixing bowl.
- Drop the individual chicken pieces into the egg mixture, cover and allow to marinade in the refrigerator for up to an hour (minimum of 20 minutes. While the chicken is marinating, combine the breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
- Remove the egg coated chicken from the refirgerator and dredge each piece in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture, coating each piece evenly by lightly pressing into the crumbs.
- Place chicken spaced evenly on a greased onto baking sheet and spray lightly with cooking oil. Spread a single layer of potatoes on the baking sheet with the chicken.
- Combine butter and the remaining 2 tablespoons of garlic and and pour half over the potatoes. Set the remainder aside. Place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Remove from the oven after 15 minutes and carefully flip each chicken breast. Then, move the potatoes to one side and place the green beans around the chicken on the other side, pouring over the remaining garlic butter and return to the oven to broil on medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
- Finish by sprinkling with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!