Project Timeline: Lewes Campus Construction
Pardon our dust while we renovate to better serve you.
Beebe Healthcare is renovating the West Entrance of its Margaret H. Rollins Lewes Campus to make the campus easier to navigate for our patients and visitors. This renovation will make the West Entrance more visible which will improve the drop-off and pick-up experience.
Some Features of the Renovation:
- A more defined main entrance
- A more visible drop-off and pick-up area
- A new canopy
Timeline: The project started in mid-April 2019 and will be complete by February 2020.
The final illustration for the Lewes Campus was recently released. These renovations will make the campus easier to navigate for our patients and visitors, and will make the West Entrance more visible, improving the drop-off and pick-up experience.
The exterior work needed for the new Hybrid Operating Room and Interventional Cardiology Lab has been completed. The front of the building has been enclosed, the top horizontal shielding has been completed, and new grass seed has been planted along Savannah Road. The remainder of the construction for this portion of the project will now take place inside the building.
The Interventional Cardiology Lab opened in August. The Hybrid Operating Room is slated to open next year.
June – July 2019
The new parking lot at the Margaret H. Rollins Lewes Campus is completed. The parking will be used for our valet services while construction on the hospital continues.
Demolition at 4th Street allows for expanded parking and green space.
Changes to parking and entrances during construction
- The west lobby will remain open during the renovation, but will only be accessible through the parking garage.
- Patients and visitors will still be able to park in the lots and garage located on our west side, and will still cross the street at the same point as they currently do, except now they will be routed into the garage to enter the hospital.
- A friendly Beebe team member will be stationed at both entrances to help patients and visitors get to their destination after parking.
- Because there will be work on the area where our West Entrance valet is currently located, valet will be temporarily moved to the East Entrance (near our Emergency Department) for the duration of this project. Beebe will have extra valet attendants during this time to help patients and visitors move through the process in a timely manner.
- All scheduled patients for same day surgery, cardiac testing, cath lab, and pediatric EEG should continue to enter through the West entrance. If you are a scheduled patient for these services, a member of your Beebe Care team will contact you before your appointment to give you instructions. Additionally, all visitors not requiring valet parking should enter through the West entrance.
- All other patients and visitors who require valet parking should temporarily enter through the East entrance (near our Emergency Room).
- Vascular patients may enter through either entrance.
- Signage will help guide your way inside and outside the facility.