- Find a Doctor
- Patients & Visitors
What Vascular Procedures Does Beebe Perform?
Beebe's Cardiac & Vascular Services medical team performs many vascular procedures, including:
- Carotid endarterectomy surgery: This is a common surgery performed at the Medical Center in Lewes and an extremely important one to the health and well-being of patients. It is performed when the patient has received a diagnosis of a blockage in one or both of the carotid arteries, which are the main vessels carrying blood to the brain. Without correction a blockage may lead to a life-threatening stroke.
- Adominal aortic aneurysm endovascular repair: This procedure repairs an abdominal aortic artery that has an aneurysm, which is a bulge in the side of the artery wall. This artery is large and carries blood from the heart to the rest of the body. An aneurysm has the potential to rupture, thus becoming life-threatening. This repair is performed through the arteries, thus avoiding major surgery, in most cases.
- Lower extremity bypass: This surgical procedure improves circulation in the lower extremities through the creation of a new path for blood to flow around a blockage.
Additional procedures address:
- Poor circulation in the lower extremites - Lower extremity bypass: This surgical procedure improves circulation in the lower extremities through the creation of a new path for blood to flow around a blockage.
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair - Open/Endovascular
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Balloon angioplasty
- Limb salvage revascularization
- Non-healing foot wound
- Endovascular stent
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Carotid endarterectomy/stent
- Varicose veins and venous disorders/lymphedema