Say Hello to Clean Living: It's Easier than you Think
From the food we consume to the detergent we use on our clothes, clean living is a growing trend you can apply for a healthier lifestyle for you and your family. There are a variety of ways you can infuse this way of living. Let’s explore.
With Your Food
Cuisine is arguably the focal point of clean living. Since, as most of the experts say, health starts in your gut. But what exactly does this mean? This section will explore recipes and health benefits associated with a mindful, clean-eating diet. For now, just remember clean eating means not consuming food that has been chemically altered. If you buy fresh produce to make dinner, that’s a great start. Swinging through the drive-thru on the way to baseball practice (we’ve all been there), not so much.
With Your Home
From the cleaning supplies you use to the deodorant you put on, clean living can extend into every facet of your home. It starts with the way you shop, but more importantly what you’re shopping for. An example would be if you use bleach for cleaning. Did you know a homemade vinegar and water solution is just as effective and much safer for your living environment? Click here for this cleaning combination.
Five Easy Steps to Get Started
- Attitude is Everything! Our minds are so powerful that if we view something as a punishment, it will make it harder for us to succeed. So switch your mindset, instead of thinking, “I can’t have this cheeseburger,” make it, “I can, but I’m choosing not to because it’s harmful to my body.”
- Label Linguistics. Start reading every label. Whether it’s makeup, food, or cleaning supplies, read it. If you can’t pronounce it, you’re probably better off avoiding it.
- Time Troubles. There is no time for excuses—literally. Slow down and make your health a priority. Set aside time for meal prep, workouts, and household organization. You’ll feel more nourished and end up being more productive with the time you have.
- Planning Makes Perfect. Are you craving time for that kickboxing class or do you want to make that squash casserole? It’s possible if you plan ahead. There are great scheduling apps you can download on your phone, or you can archive it in your Wellness Journal to keep track of everything!
- Small strides still make the finish line. Remember, you don’t have to apply everything you’ve heard within a matter of days, weeks, or even months. Adopting a healthier lifestyle is an adjustment and takes time. Show yourself some grace and take it one step and one day at a time.
A healthier you and hopefully a healthier environment, too. Visit this section for more ideas, tips, tricks, recipes, and more for you to use as you begin the journey of clean living.