- Find a Doctor
- Patients & Visitors
Beebe Healthcare Named Among Top 100 Hospitals for Orthopaedic Surgery
Submitted by Rachel on
Healthgrades® recently announced that for the fourth year in a row, Beebe Healthcare has been named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopaedic Surgery.
Beebe Healthcare’s Orthopaedic Services have also been recognized with the Healthgrades® Orthopaedic Surgery Excellence Award for the ninth year in a row (2007-2015).
The program was recognized with the Healthgrades® Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ for six years in a row (2010-2015) and was named among the top 5 percent of hospitals in the nation for overall orthopaedic services.
Healthgrades, the leading provider of information to help consumers make informed decisions about physicians and hospitals, made the announcements recently. For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 40 million Medicare-patient records for nearly 4,500 short-term acute care hospitals nationwide, assessing hospital performance for 33 common conditions and procedures.
Beebe Healthcare was also:
- Named Among the Top 10 percent in the Nation for Overall Orthopaedic services for nine years in a row (2007-2015)
- Named Among the Top 10 percent in the Nation for Joint Replacement for six years (2010-2015)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 12 years in a row (2004-2015)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for six years in a row (2010-2015)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia for 10 years in a row (2006-2015)
- Five-Star Recipient for Esophageal/Stomach Surgeries in 2015
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for six years in a row (2010-2015)
“We are pleased to share this recognition from Healthgrades with our patients and community members, as it demonstrates Beebe’s ongoing commitment to quality,” said Jeffrey M. Fried, President and CEO, Beebe Healthcare. “This kind of achievement is only possible because of the hard work of our physicians, nurses, and other members of our orthopaedic team, who take great pride in what they do for our patients. They come to work every day wanting to ensure that our patients get the possible care and have the best possible experience.”
The Healthgrades 2015 Report to the Nation, including the complete methodology, can be found at www.healthgrades.com/quality.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware for residents and visitors, including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, an outstanding medical staff, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehab services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.