- About Beebe
- Find a Doctor
- Our Locations
- Our Services
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Surgery Team
- Cardiac Diagnostic Tests & Monitoring
- Cardiac Rehab
- Electrophysiology Services
- Interventional Cardiology
- Ornish Lifestyle Medicine
- Vascular Services
- Beebe Vein Center
- Diabetes Management & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine Program
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Oncology Services
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation Services
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Career Opportunities
- Community Outreach
- Patient & Visitor Information
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Visitor Information
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
- Beebe Medical Foundation
- Beebe Medical Group
- Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing
- About Us
- Financial Information
- Financial Assistance
- Consumer/GE Information
- Student Services
- Contact Us
- Volunteer at Beebe
- Recognize a Team Member
Beebe Healthcare Recognizes August L.O.V.E. Letter Award Recipient
Submitted by Rachel on
Beebe Healthcare is proud to recognize Gabrielle Wade, RN, as the August Living Our Values Every Day (L.O.V.E.) Letter Award recipient.
In 2015, a task force of Beebe Healthcare team members met over multiple months to examine exceptional patient experiences and create a system of values, which every team member pledges to follow.
Beebe Healthcare team members have pledged to live these values every day. As a patient or visitor at Beebe, you may see these value statements posted. We invite you to help us be mindful of our values as we care for you and your family members.
Gabrielle, a clinical nurse in the Stepdown Unit at the Medical Center in Lewes, was nominated by Rachel Corbin, medical assistant.
Rachel observed Gabrielle spending extra time with a patient having withdrawal symptoms and noted how positive and supportive Gabrielle was with the patient.
“Gabrielle was firm but kind, and assured [the patient] that we are all human and that we all make mistakes. She is a beautiful soul and a wonderful nurse and I am honored when I am able to work beside her,” wrote Rachel in the nomination.
Gabrielle was recognized for building trusting relationships with compassion and kindness, listening carefully and having the courage to communication honestly and effectively, and acting with passion and love for others to make a difference.
Jeffrey Fried, FACHE, President & CEO, made the presentation and congratulated Gabrielle. Kerri Watson, RN, Gabrielle’s nurse manager, was also at the presentation to congratulate Gabrielle.
Beebe Healthcare’s L.O.V.E. Letter Recognition Program is similar to an employee of the month program. Team members are encouraged to send L.O.V.E. notes to other team members during the course of the month. A committee then evaluates the L.O.V.E. notes and selects one to receive the monthly L.O.V.E. Letter. Winners are announced in a surprise ceremony in which the committee visits the winner in his or her department and presents the award. Employees selected for the award receive:
- Parking space in the parking garage for one month
- $100 gift card donated by Fred and Lyndie Hertrich
- 100 points toward Beebe L.O.V.E. Notes Merchandise
- 100th Anniversary History Book: Two Men With a Dream: The Story of Beebe Healthcare
- Letter of congratulations and personal visit from members of the executive team
- Their photo added to the L.O.V.E. Letter wall plaque
- Letter to team member’s director and department recognition
For more information about Beebe Healthcare’s values and how team members live our values every day, go to http://www.beebehealthcare.org/our-values. For more information about Beebe’s “Celebrate Excellent Care” program and how you can support Beebe Healthcare, the local non-profit community healthcare system, contact the Foundation at (302) 644-2900.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware for residents and visitors, including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer treatment center, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehabilitation services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.
Caption: Shown (left to right) are Jeffrey Fried, President & CEO, Beebe Healthcare; Courtney Hastings, representing the Hertrich Family; Gabrielle Wade, RN; and Kerri Watson, RN, nurse manager.
Caption: Gabrielle Wade, RN, was selected as the recipient of the L.O.V.E. Letter Award for August.