- Find a Doctor
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cancer Services
- Center for Robotic Surgery
- Diabetes & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Patients & Visitors
- Gift Shop
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
Free Cancer Survivorship Conference Set for January 19
Submitted by Rachel on
Both cancer survivors and healthcare professionals are invited to attend the Sussex County Survivorship Coalition’s conference entitled, “After Ringing the Bell: A Mindful Approach to Cancer Survivorship.” The conference will be held at Rehoboth Beach Country Club, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., on Thursday, January 19, 2017.
Conference objectives include: Identifying mindful ways to transition from patient to survivor; identifying daily practices that include a mindful approach to life after cancer; recognizing the role of nutrition, physical activity, and other wellness activities to improve the quality of life following cancer treatment; and exploring local resources to help individuals move from surviving to thriving. Continuing education credits will be available.
- Our Mindful Bodies, Our Mindful Selves: Sage Bolte, PhD, Executive Director, Life with Cancer Inova Schar Cancer Institute
- Moving Mindfully through Cancer Survivorship: Srujitha Murukutla, MD, Medical Oncologist, Tunnell Cancer Center
- Mindful Menus: Chef Miguel Cuevas, Ornish Lifestyle Medicine at Beebe Healthcare
- Cultivating Mindfulness in the Every Day: Doris Laukner, PhD, Chair, Mental Health Counseling, Wilmington University, College of Social & Behavioral Sciences.
Although the conference is free of charge to cancer survivors and healthcare professionals, seating is limited so please register online at: after-ringing-the-bell-2017.eventbrite.com for tickets. For more information, email email@example.com or call the Cancer Support Community at (302) 645-9150.
The Sussex County Survivorship Coalition works to coordinate efforts and provide support to cancer survivors. The Coalition has grown and includes Beebe Healthcare’s Tunnell Cancer Center, Nanticoke Breast Cancer Coalition; American Cancer Society; Cancer Care Connection; and Susan G. Komen for the Cure Philadelphia Affiliate.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware for residents and visitors, including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer treatment center, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehabilitation services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.