- Find a Doctor
- Patients & Visitors
- Publications & News
Beebe Healthcare, DPH to host Healthy Living Workshops for Those with Chronic Diseases
Submitted by Rachel on
Beebe Healthcare and the Delaware Division of Public Health are teaming up to host a series of healthy living workshops aimed to provide education and resources for those living with chronic disease.
The two current locations (more to be added in the future) for Delaware Chronic Condition Self-Management Program workshops are:
- In Rehoboth Beach: Mondays, from July 9 through August 13, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., in the Craft Room at Cape Senior Center, 11 Christian St., Rehoboth Beach. To sign up for this series: https://healthy-living-rehoboth.eventbrite.com.
- In Lewes: Mondays, from July 16 through August 20, 1 to 3:30 p.m., in the Hall at Lewes Senior Center, 32083 Janice Road, Lewes. To sign up for the Lewes series: https://healthy-living-lewes.eventbrite.com.
The program is ideal for those living with anxiety, asthma, blood pressure, COPD, depression, emphysema, heart or kidney disease, obesity, and other physical and mental conditions.
The workshops will teach participants how to:
- Prevent or delay health complications
- Deal with frustration, fatigue, pain, and isolation
- Perform appropriate exercises to maintain and improve strength, flexibility, and endurance
- Communicate effectively with health professionals and others
- Understand the value of nutrition in your health.
For more information or to sign up for a workshop, call Beebe Population Health at (302) 645-3337.