- Find a Doctor
- Patients & Visitors
Beebe Healthcare’s Rehoboth Beach Walk-In Care Opens February 12
Submitted by Rachel on
If your Valentine’s wish was to have a new walk-in care location in Rehoboth Beach, then your wish is granted!
Beebe Healthcare’s Walk-In Care at the Beebe Health Campus in Rehoboth Beach opens Friday, February 12. The new location will provide much needed healthcare services to the people living, working, and visiting Sussex County.
This is the fourth Beebe Walk-in Care location serving southern Delaware.
“Beebe Walk-in Care is excited to open this new walk-in care location for the Lewes-Rehoboth communities,” said Douglas B. Allen, DO, Medical Director of Beebe Walk-In Care. “The Beebe Health Campus on Route 24 is not only close to the ocean and bay beaches, but is conveniently located to the many residential communities in the Lewes, Rehoboth, Dewey, and Long Neck areas.”
The new location will be open seven days each week, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. For more information on the Rehoboth Walk-In, call (302) 645-3010.
Also housed in the same single-story building are: Beebe Physical Rehabilitation Services, which includes physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy; Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express, and the Beebe Outpatient Surgery Center. Next door is Beebe’s Tunnell Cancer Center and the Medical Arts Building, which houses medical suites on three floors.
Patients who have visited Beebe Walk-In Care locations can have their physicians obtain copies of their medical record from their walk-in experience. In addition, Beebe Medical Group physicians can access their patients’ records through the electronic medical record system. The Rehoboth Walk-In will join these existing Beebe Walk-In Care locations:
- Millville Walk-In Care is in the Creekside Plaza on Route 26, which is about 5 miles west of Route 1. It is located in the same complex with: Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express and Beebe Physical Rehabilitation. For more information on Millville, call (302) 541-4175.
- Millsboro Walk-In Care is located at 28538 DuPont Boulevard (Route 113). The location, which shares a space with Mid-Atlantic Family Practice, also houses Beebe Imaging and Beebe Lab Express. For more information on Millsboro, call (302) 934-5052.
- Georgetown Walk-In Care is located at 21635 Biden Avenue (Rt. 404/18 just west of Rt. 113). It is in the same building with Beebe outpatient services including Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express, Beebe Physical Rehabilitation and Beebe HealthyBack. For more information on Georgetown, call (302) 856-9729.
Beebe Walk-In Care allows patients to receive non-emergency and immediate care at an affordable price. Examples of the illnesses and health problems that are appropriate for treatment in Walk-In Care include:
• Upper respiratory infections
• Strep throat/Sore throat
• Cough, cold, flu
• Sinus infections
• Ear infections
• Swimmer’s ear
• Minor eye infections, pink eye, stye and abrasions
• Bladder infections
• Sprains and strains
• Minor burns, cuts and simple lacerations
• Uncomplicated neck and back pain
• Incision and drainage
• Simple splinting
In the event of a life-threatening illness or accident, please call 911. This will allow the patient to receive immediate, emergency treatment by emergency responders and to be taken to the nearest suitable hospital emergency room.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware for residents and visitors, including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehabilitation services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.