- Find a Doctor
- Gull House - Adult Activities Center
- Bariatric Surgery
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Cancer Services
- Center for Robotic Surgery
- Diabetes & Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Emergency Services
- Home Care Services
- Hospital Medicine
- Lab Express
- Neurology/Stroke Services Program
- Orthopaedic Services
- Outpatient Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Population Health Department
- Respiratory Services
- Surgical Services
- Urology Services
- Walk-In Care
- Wellness Centers
- Women's Health
- Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine
- Patients & Visitors
- Gift Shop
- The Beebe Bite
- Patient Information
- Visiting Hours & Guidelines
- Patient Surgery Information
- Patient Safety
- Patient's Rights
- Medical Records / Health Information Management
- Web Security
- Charity and Financial Assistance
Beebe Healthcare to open Beebe Weekend Walk-In Care in Lewes
Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on
To provide additional healthcare services to the people living, working, and visiting our local community, Beebe Healthcare has opened a temporary Beebe Weekend Walk-In Care location at 1526 Savannah Road in Lewes. Hours of operation will be from noon to 8 p.m. on Fridays and from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
This new Weekend Walk-In location is housed in the same building as are the offices of Beebe Medical Group physicians Kathryn Grinnen, DO, Bobby Gulab, MD, and Bhaskar Palekar, MD. This location is easily accessible from Route 1, as well as from the beach and resort areas of Lewes and Cape Henlopen State Park.
Construction is under way at the Bookhammer Outpatient Center at 18941 John J. Williams Highway (Route 24) in Rehoboth Beach, where Beebe Healthcare will open a fourth, year-around Beebe Walk-In Care location in the late summer or early fall (The temporary Beebe Weekend Walk-In Care location in Lewes will close with the opening of the Walk-In Care location in Rehoboth Beach).
The Beebe Walk-In Care in Rehoboth Beach is about one-half mile west of Route 1, with plenty of parking available. Also housed in this single-story building are: Beebe Rehab Services, Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express, and the Beebe Outpatient Surgery Center. The three-story Medical Arts Building adjacent to this location houses Beebe’s Tunnell Cancer Center on the first floor and many medical offices on the two upper floors.
Conveniently, patients who have visited other Beebe Walk-In Care locations can have their physicians obtain copies of their medical record from past walk-in experiences. In addition, Beebe physicians can access their patients’ records through the electronic medical record system. The Rehoboth Walk-In will join the existing Beebe Walk-In Care locations listed below:
• Millville Walk-In Care is in the Creekside Plaza on Route 26, approximately five miles west of Route 1. It is located in the same complex with: Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express and Beebe Rehab (which offers physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech and language pathology). For more information on Millville, call (302) 541-4175.
• Millsboro Walk-In Care is located at 28538 DuPont Boulevard (Route 113). The location, which shares a space with Mid-Atlantic Family Practice, also houses Beebe Imaging and Beebe Lab Express. For more information on Millsboro, call (302) 934-5052.
• Georgetown Walk-In Care is located at 21635 Biden Avenue (Rt. 404/18 just west of Rt. 113). It is in the same building with Beebe outpatient services, which includes Beebe Imaging, Beebe Lab Express, Beebe Rehab and Beebe HealthyBack. The Beebe Walk-In Care telephone number is (302) 856-9729.
Beebe Walk-In Care allows patients to receive non-emergency and immediate care at a more affordable price. Examples of the illnesses and health problems that are appropriate for treatment at any of our Walk-In Care locations include:
• Upper respiratory infections
• Strep throat/Sore throat
• Cough, cold, flu
• Sinus infections
• Ear infections
• Swimmer’s ear
• Minor eye infections, pink eye, stye and abrasions
• Bladder infections
• Sprains and Strains
• Minor burns, cuts and simple lacerations
• Uncomplicated neck and back pain
• Incision and drainage
• Simple splinting
In the event of a life-threatening illness or accident, please call 911, so that the patient will receive immediate, emergency treatment by emergency responders and be taken to the nearest, suitable hospital emergency room.
Beebe Healthcare is a not-for-profit community healthcare system with a charitable mission to encourage healthy living, prevent illness, and restore optimal health for the people residing, working, or visiting in the communities we serve. It offers services throughout Southern Delaware for residents and visitors, including a 210-licensed-bed hospital, a cancer center, and outpatient facilities providing walk-in care, lab, imaging, and physical rehab services. For more information, please visit us online at www.beebehealthcare.org.