Urologic Cancers Treated
Beebe Urology physicians will discuss your individual needs based on the type of cancer you have and other factors. Beebe treats many forms of urologic cancers, including bladder, kidney, urethral, and prostate cancer. Patients can expect to work with a comprehensive team of experts from diagnostics to treatment and surgery.
Beebe's Oncology team is with you every step of the way from diagnosis to treatment and beyond. Our caring and expert team works with you to create an individualized treatment plan while making you feel at home.
Our Expert Team. Your Personal Care.
Beebe's multidisciplinary urology and oncology teams work directly with you. Our entire team is here to make sure you get the treatment you need in a way that helps you feel comfortable and confident. Our surgical teams perform surgeries and create individual treatment plans for our patients facing urologic cancer diagnoses.
Your urologic cancer team includes:
- Urology physicians and care team
- Medical oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Radiologists, radiation oncologists, and pathologists
- Nurses, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants with advanced training and experience
- Cancer counselors who work with patients and their families.
- Registered dietitians specializing in the nutrition needs of cancer patients
Surgical Procedures Offered
Beebe Healthcare offers a range of surgeries to treat urologic cancers. Some of those include:
- Renal (kidney) surgery.
- Kidney removal (nephrectomy)
- Surgery of the ureters, including ureterolithotomy or removal of calculus (stones) in the ureters.
- Bladder surgery.
- Pelvic lymph node dissection.
- Prostatic surgery, removal of the prostate.
- Testicular (scrotal) surgery.
- Urethra surgery.
Meet the Urology Team
Common Questions About Urologic Cancers
Beebe Urology physicians will discuss your individual needs based on the type of cancer you have and other factors. Beebe treats many forms of urologic cancers, including bladder, kidney, and prostate cancer. Patients can expect to work with a comprehensive team of experts from diagnostics to treatment and surgery.
Urologic cancer covers a wide range of cancers, including bladder, prostate, urethral, kidney, and reproductive. These cancers can be diagnosed in a number of ways, such as:
- Cystoscopy or ureteroscopy, using a tool with a tiny light or camera to check the ureter (the tube that carries urine), bladder and kidney for tumors.
- Lab tests to look for changes in the blood that could be signs of cancer.
If you are concerned, call Beebe Urology to set up your appointment today: 302-645-2666.
Bladder cancer is cancer that forms in the lining of the bladder, the organ that stores urine. Bladder cancer may be confined to the lining of the bladder (superficial) or may spread through the lining of the bladder and invade nearby muscles, organs or lymph nodes.
Bladder cancer symptoms may include: blood in urine, frequent urination, or feeling the need to urinate without urinating; lower back pain; or pain while urinating. The existence of these symptoms does not mean it is cancer, however. Only your doctor can confirm the presence of cancer, so be sure to explain all of your symptoms.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer among men. The prostate gland is located just below the bladder and is part of the male reproductive system. The prostate is about the size of a walnut. Cancer forms when malignant cells form in the tissues of the prostate itself. Physicians perform screening tests for prostate cancer in men over the age of 50.
Prostate cancer symptoms can include:
- Weak or interrupted flow of urine
- Frequent urination (especially at night)
- Trouble urinating
- Pain or burning during urination
- Blood in the urine or semen
- A pain in the back, hips, or pelvis that doesn't go away
- Painful ejaculation
These symptoms may also be unrelated to cancer. Only your physician can confirm the presence of cancer.