Fresh and Fun: Pineapple Cucumber Salad
Packed with Vitamin C—up to 130 percent of your daily needs can be gained from just a single serving of pineapple—and fiber, the ingredients in this fresh and juicy salad have the potential to yield a variety of health benefits, including improved immunity, digestion and cellular health. Thanks to their high antioxidant content, salads containing this dynamic duo may also help to reduce inflammation in joints and muscles.
But don’t just take our word for it. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the bright and festive flavors of summer all year round.
Pineapple Cucumber Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 fresh pineapple, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 cucumber, chopped into bite-size cubes and juiced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice (approximately 1 lime)
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped (to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the chopped ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss gently.
- Pour fresh lime juice over the mixture and mix/toss again until juice is evenly distributed.
- Add salt and pepper to-taste and chill prior to serving.